Dr. Theresa Schwartz Joins Envision Diagnostic Center
Theresa Schwartz, M.D., FACS, is a nationally renowned, fellowship-trained breast surgical oncologist who specializes in benign and malignant breast diseases. As a testament to Envision Medical Group’s partnership and joint commitment to providing patients with the best cancer care, Dr. Schwartz, a key member of the Henry Ford Breast Cancer Program, will begin seeing patients at the Envision Diagnostic Center on Sept. 2.
Dr. Schwartz’s Accomplishments
- Breast surgical oncology fellowship training at Michigan Medicine
- Residency and medical degree at St. Louis University School of Medicine
- Master of Science in Health Outcomes Research from Saint Louis University
- Master of Science in Biological Sciences from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Authored more than two dozen medical research articles
I am honored to be part of this new endeavor. I want to empower my patients and partner with them on their breast cancer journey. Breast cancer can be a very scary diagnosis. It’s my job to help my patients sort through the information they read online and hear second-hand so that they can take some control back and get the best outcomes possible. – Dr. Schwartz
Dr. Schwartz’s Life Outside Medicine
Dr. Schwartz is from southern Illinois and was in practice at St. Louis University for 10 years prior to coming to Henry Ford in January. She’s engaged to a hand surgeon who is with a private group locally, she is an enthusiastic sports fan and loves watching her nephews grow up!
Dr. Schwartz is looking forward to forging strong relationships with the Envision team and serving patients in a mutually collaborative fashion.